Where Can I Buy Seeds (or Plants) For Persian Cucumbers? - Knowledgebase Question

La Crescenta, CA
Question by nmyers
The local grocery stores carry a cucumber they call Persian cucumbers. The cucumbers average 4 or 5 inches in length and are usually light green. The Persian cucumbers are the best and because they are very expensive to buy I would like to grow them in my garden. None of the nurseries around here, nor your catalog or web site, have ever heard of Persian cucumbers. Any ideas?

0

The cucumbers you describe are listed as "Armenian" cucumbers. Botanically they're Cucumis melo rather than the standard Cucumis sativus (garden cucumber). The fruits of the "Armenian" type are cucumber-shaped, light green in color and very mild in flavor. Seeds are available through Territorial Seed Company (www.territorial-seed.com).

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"