La Puente, CA
|We recently have moved into a new home. I have 2yr old and a 1yr old always playing in the back yard, the previous owner loved Calla Lillies, i need to know if the flower of a calla lilly is toxic or in any way harmful to my children?
|Answer from NGA
March 21, 2001
|According to the American Medical Association's book on poisonous plants, the leaves of Zantedeschia (Calla Lily) are considered toxic if eaten. There is no mention of the flower, but I'd certainly rather err on the side of caution and keep these plants away from your toddlers.
« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage