Late June Blooming Flowers - Knowledgebase Question

Conshohocken, PA
Question by laurenmasli
My fiance and I are getting married next June, late in the month. We want to give our guests decorated flowerpots with blooming flowers. Can you suggest any varieties that would be in bloom around that time? The pots would only be about 4" in diameter, so we've ruled out large plants like lilies. We thought pansies might be the safest option since they seem to bloom all summer here in Pennsylvania. Thank you for the advice!

0

Pansies or violas would be a possible choice, although a hot early summer could exhaust them prematurely; another possibility and more heat tolerant would be the smaller varieties of dianthus (pinks) often sold as annuals. Another possibility would be to consult with a local garden center or wholesale grower and see what they typically have available in bloom in pots at that time of the summer because it can be nerve wracking to try to raise plants at home for such an important occasion.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"