Mock Orange Plant Growing But No Flowers, Plant 3 Years Old. - Knowledgebase Question

Butler, PA
Question by dixielu22
Hello, I have a Mock Orange plant that is 3 years old , its growing, nice green leaves,filling out , but I have yet to get any flowers. there is a lilac bush nearby that is blooming and doing great. What do you think? Iit looks nice but I want to smell it to. :-(

0

The most common reasons for lack of bloom would be insufficient sunlight possibly combined with an oversupply of nitrogen, inadvertently pruning off the flowering wood, and in some cases immaturity. Inexplicably, certain of these plants just seem to take an extra few years before deciding to bloom. Maybe this will be the year for yours.