Vinig Jasmine - Knowledgebase Question

San Francisco, CA
Question by maaba
I have a 3 feet high south facing wall and would like to plant an evergreen vining jasmine which could ultimately fall down on the other side of the wall. Which kind of jasmine is able to do this ? (The plant will bew planted on the south side). Is the jasmine humine the right one ?
Thank you for helping me making my choice.

0

Either Jasmine humile (Italian Jasmine), or J. mesnyi (Primrose Jasmine) will suit your purposes. J. mesnyi is my favorite because it cascades so nicely over walls and blooms so prolifically. J. humile produces clusters of fragrant flowers and has a slightly more erect growth pattern, but it's often used as bank cover or allowed to cascade over walls. Hope this doesn't confuse the issue for you!