What Soil To Use? - Knowledgebase Question

Redwood City, CA
Question by jefflee64
I was wondering what kind of soil should I use to contain a Meyer Improved Lemon tree/plant which I recently acquired. Is it also good to contain this plant?
Thanks
Jeff

0

Citrus trees adapt well to growing in containers and Meyer lemons are among the most popularly grown. Use commercial potting soil and a 5-gallon container with plenty of drainage holes in the bottom. During the growing season, keep the soil evenly moist but not sopping wet and provide the tree with plenty of sunshine. Fertilize according to the label instructions with a fertilizer containing micronutrients (particularly zinc, iron and manganese) as well as the usual nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium found in complete fertilizers. During the winter, reduce the watering somewhat when citrus trees slow their growth.