Can I Have General Tips On Planting Anemones - Knowledgebase Question

Haddonfield, NJ
Avatar for binxter
Question by binxter
I recently got two packages of Anemones Coronaria St. Brigid bulbs. They came with very little instrucitons. I live in zone 7. When should I plant them, and when should they bloom. Should each bulb produce one flower or will there be more than one flower per bulb (I have 30 bulbs in all). I would just like some general information on how to plant and care for the bulbs.

These plants need a sunny to partly sunny location. They bloom in June and will grow a little over a foot tall. Soak the tubers in water for a few hours just before planting. Inspect the bulbs(tubers) to find the scar from last year's stem and plant that side up. Plant them now, about two inches deep and four inches apart in rich, light, well-draining soil, then mulch. They would be borderline hardy in your area.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Zoia and is called "Twirling folds"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.