Weedkiller - Knowledgebase Question

Lancaster, NY
Question by eyebshoppin
Last summer I was over zealous with the weedkiller very near my flower beds,thus killing the Creeping Phlox I had planted several years ago. I would like to replant something in that same area. Would the soil still be infected with the weedkiller?? Do I need to prepare the soil with any special consideration? I also killed part of a 12 year old Liliac bush. Only one limb.Can I safely cut that limb off with out harming the rest of the bush??

0

If the limb is dead, it should be okay to remove it. Without knowing which weed killer you used, it is impossible to tell you about potential residual action in the soil. The product label should tell you how long to wait before replanting, or the manufacturer should be able to tell you.