Types Of Roses??? - Knowledgebase Question

New Bern, NC
Question by pridnjoy
What is the difference between Hybrid Teas, Floribundas and Grandifloras? Climbers, hedges, and ground covers I get but the others confuse me...Thanx

0

Hybrid teas produce their flowers mostly one bloom to a long stem, grow 3'-6' high and tend to be open rather than bushy, with long, straight, upright canes. Floribunda roses offer flowers in abundance, with the blooms borne in large clusters on a single stem. They are compact shrubby plants, growing 3'-5' high. Grandifloras suffer from an identity crisis as a class in that they are a tall hybrid with large flowers on long stems like a hybrid tea, but their long stems grow in clusters, like a floribunda.

For even more information about the confusing array of roses available to gardeners, consult the book "Roses for Dummies" by IDG Books (ISBN# 0-7645-5031-4) - it contains a wealth of information!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"