Ever-blooming Jasmine - Knowledgebase Question

San Dimas, CA
Question by jdom2509
I have planted an ever-blooming jasmine that is already so tall and healthy. I am wondering why the jasmine is not bearing flowers but just the berries. Is there something wrong with my jasmine or do I have to put something on the plant to grow the flowers?

Appreciate if you can answer my question as I am eager to have my jasmine smell at night.

Many thanks.

JC

0

If your plant is producing berries, it produced flowers at one time. (No flowers, no berries is the rule in nature!) You didn't say how long ago you planted your jasmine. Perhaps it flowered at the nursery and the berries are from last year's blooms? Jasmines grow more rapidly in good soil and bloom more profusely in sunny sites, but will adapt to less than perfect conditions. Water your jasmine regularly and cut back any unruly shoots. As it becomes established in your garden it should begin to produce lovely blossoms with delightful fragrance!