Potted Plants Or Flowers - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Julianne Recine
New York, NY
Question by jrecine
I have two fairly large pots that I would like to put on my front porch. It is a fairly sunny area with the sun being its strongest at about 2pm. I want to plant some colorful annuals that can remain in the planters for the entire summer. I would rather something that is easy to maintain. Please recommend some flowers or plants that I may use. Thank you.

0

Some plants to consider for large containers in a sunny location would include sun loving annuals such as geranium, petunia, zinnia, salvia, or marigold as well as more exotic plants such as sweet potato vine, helicrysum, or purple fountain grass. These are all easy care plants as long as they are watered and fertilized regularly, just as any plants will need care.