Goldthread Cyprus - Sun Requirements - Knowledgebase Question

Baldwin, NY
Question by jlgraber
I want to plant a goldthread cyprus in my landscape but I don't have the optimum sun requirements in the spot that I intend to plant it. I have partial sun for a few hours a day only, but I really want the texture of the goldthread cyprus. I know that I will lose some of the golden color, but I need to know if it is likely that some of the yellow color will remain and if the plant will do well with less than the required sun. Will it thrive but just lose its color, or is it just the wrong place to put it.
Thank you.
Please get back to me asap since I would like to purchase them this weekend and plant them.

0

The golden forms of Chamecyparis do tend to lose their golden tone in shadier spots. They also grow better in general in an open and sunny location. If the sunshine is afternoon sun including the hour of noon, it might be worth a try.