Fragrant Flowers - Knowledgebase Question

Cincinnati, OH
Question by ladams2532
Could you please tell me what flowers have a fragrance to them. I would like to plant a garden with a mixture of both fragrant and non-fragrant flowers. I would prefer perennials or bulbs. I understand that freesia has a pleasant fragrance?

0

Yes, most freesia have a sweet scent, but I've planted some that don't, so read the description to make sure the variety you choose is noted for fragrance. They are a bulb plant. Paperwhites are very sweet and they can be forced indoors. Here's a variety of fragrant perennials in no particular order. I suggest going to some nurseries on a regular basis and sniffing plants! Calamint, Daphne, Pinks, Daylilies, Lavender, Lilies, Bee Balm, Peonies, Summer Phlox, roses, Salvias, jasmine vines. Don't forget sweet peas. Although they're an annual, they self sow and there's nothing sweeter! Crinum is a bulb plant with a sweet scent and a lily-type flower.