Winter Hardiness Of Fuzzy Kiwi. - Knowledgebase Question

Knoxville, TN
Question by Ljohnson18
I have successfully started about 20 fuzzy kiwi plants from seed. I now need to know if they are winter hardy in the Knoxville, TN area (on the line between zone 6 and 7) so I know whether they can stay outside during the winter or not.

0

overtaking the female vines. Restrict pruning to spring and fall in hot climates because bare branches are susceptible to sunburn. Whenever you prune, be sure to leave some of the previous year's wood so the plants flower and produce pollen.

Note that kiwis will bleed sap if pruned as growth begins in the spring, so be sure to do your dormant pruning in mid to late winter, after the coldest weather has passed but before the plant breaks dormancy.