Miniature Cattail Instructions - Knowledgebase Question

Burke, VA
Question by adickens
Just purchased one of your water garden miniature cattails for my pond. The nursery had it sitting in a display pond. I brought it home--placed it in my pond. Just looked at your information/instruction tag that came with it. It gives planting in the ground instructions. Please explain.

0

This plant is a marginal or bog grower meaning it likes very wet soil and so can be grown in the soil at the edge of a (natural) pond or as a container plant in an artificial pond. It will tolerate a bit of water over the soil surface or just grow in mud since the level of a natural water body would fluctuate somewhat. It is not terribly picky as long as the soil stays at least moist. It can be invasive if planted in a natural area, so I would suggest keeping it contained in an artificial pond.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"