Indoor Planting - Knowledgebase Question

Beverly Hills, CA
Question by pinkykarnik
My husband just bought Red Tulips for me as a gift, and I don't want my tulips to die. How do I take care, because I don't have garden. I can just keep it indoor. So please give me some suggestion.

Thanks.

Hetal.

0

When the flowers are spent, cut down the flowering stems but allow the foliage to yellow on its own before removing it. The leaves transport energy to the bulbs for next year's bloom. Tulips need a resting period before they'll bloom again. After the leaves dry up, remove the bulbs from the pot and cut away the leaves. Then store the bulbs in a cool, dark place until next fall. Tulips require a chilling period prior to bloom so place them in the refrigerator for 8-10 weeks prior to replanting. They should grow and bloom for you again next year.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"