|Is the Calla Lily also called Calla aethiopica (Zantedeschia aethiopica) toxic to dogs? I have just planted one in the back yard. My dogs don't pay any attention to it, but I want to make sure it's safe in my yard. Thank you.
|Answer from NGA
May 11, 2001
|Zantedeschia leaves can cause intense burning of the lips and mouth, which usually prevents swallowing of significant amounts. Just to be on the safe side, you might want to check with your vet on the danger such a plant might pose to your pets.
« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage