Moving Tips - Knowledgebase Question

Oregon City, OR
Question by miller97045
I have to move a 25-year old donkey tail plant from Calif. to Oregon by way of U-haul truck. How can I protect it from damage enroute?

0

Give your plant a good watering and then place moistened sphagnum moss over the top of the soil. Wrap the whole pot in newspaper, and then in burlap. It probably would not be out of order to loosely wrap the foliage in burlap also to avoid breakage of leaves and stems. Place in a cardboard box with some sort of light packing material to keep the container upright. Put the box on the truck last so it can be the first to come off when you get to your destination. Avoid freezing temperatures and direct sunlight, and your donkey's tail should come through the relocation without too much trouble.