Pseuderanthemum - Knowledgebase Question

Columbia, SC
Question by smylie4
I recently purchased what I believe to be a type of shrub from a garden center at a local home improvement warehouse. It has waxy leaves that look similar to a star jasmine plant and has tiny purplish flowers. The label on the pot had the words: "Costa Color" and "Psuderanthemum." I have been unable to locate either name and there was no other information with the plant. It was placed with the perennials. Do you have any idea what it is and how I should care for it?

0

I believe the spelling is Pseuderanthemum and there are several species within this genus, although I could find very little detailed info. P. reticulatum is a tropical plant, native to Singapore. It is a low growing shrub that grows best in sandy soil in full sun. It has foliage that is bright yellow but as it matures the leaves become yellow with green veins. This species has white flowers with pink centers, so yours if probably a different species. Logee's Greenhouses came up on a plant source database search as a source for Pseuderanthemum, so you might check their website to see if they have info on it. 141 North St. Danielson, CT USA 06239-1939 logee-info@logees.com
http://www.logees.com. I think Costa Color may refer to the grower, but I'm not sure. If I were you, I'd take the pot back to the garden center and insist that they find the info for you. There is no reason for a nursery not have growing requirements for the plants it sells! We wouldn't buy a car or a TV without supporting details!