Infrequent And Spuratic Tomatoe Watering. - Knowledgebase Question

Edwarsville, IL
Question by jalbl
Lastyear I had a lot of blossim end rot due to posssible lack of calisium. I solved that problem, but It seamed last year Some of my tomatoes were siamese. It looked as if I had conjoned tomatoes. Could that be the result of infrequent and spuratic watering? Can B.E.R. aslo be the result of lack of consistant watering?

Living a tipical overworked life which does not give much time for atention for my garden.
Love the site
Kurt Hoff, restraunt manager, aka pinenut

0

Although blossom end rot is caused by a lack of calcium, the most common reason for it to actually happen is yes, fluctuations in soil moisture. Using a mulch, amending the soil with ample organic matter and watering deeply but less often (meaning, water heavily about once a week or every five days in hot summer rather than a light daily sprinkling) are good steps to take to prevent it.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"