Row Covers - Knowledgebase Question

Dallas, PA
Question by Veggielady
May 21, 2001
What do you suggest to use for a row cover? Does Burpee carry such an item?

Answer from NGA
May 21, 2001


Row cover (variously called garden fabric or garden quilt or frost blanket, etc.) usually refers to a special spun bonded light weight fabric that air and water and light pass through. It is generally sold in lengths and can be placed directly over a row of plants or a section of the garden and is held in place with weights or with earth staples. In some cases the row cover offers a few degrees of frost protection (a frost blanket) and in other cases it is a special lighter summer weight used for pest exclusion or controlled pollination. They are available at garden centers and from catalog suppliers such as Gardener's Supply

I hope this answers your question.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Salvia and Crocosmia in late June"