Growing Armenian Cucumber - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Harry A
Levittown, PA
Question by haandonian
I've tried growing Armenian cucumbers but haven't had much luck. I want to try again so could you give me some pointers?

0

Plant seeds of Armenian cucumbers (Cucumis melo) at the same time you do your regular cucumbers and melons (when the soil is warm and danger of frost has passed). A rich soil that supports healthy growth of other veggies is good for Armenian cucumber. Plant the seeds an inch deep in full sun, and thin seedlings to about a foot apart. For the development of long, straight fruit, you really need a trellis so the fruit can hang unobstructed. If they are allowed to trail on the ground, anything they bump into will induce them to curve away. Like their cousins, they need consistent watering throughout the season. If they're allowed to get too dry, the fruit will develop unevenly. Mulch helps keep soil from drying out too quickly. I hope this helps you get a good crop this year!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"