Parsley Turned Red - Knowledgebase Question

Fairview, TN
Question by kccat1015
I am growing parsley in a pot. Where I live we have had much rain. It looks as if the parsley has turned a red color. While in another pot, I have some more parsley I am growing with rosemary and it still looks green??

Also, I am growing sweet basil in a pot. I have a culprit who has been eating the leaves. What can I do? I have seen a big black furry catepillar near this pot, Could this be the culprit?

Karen

0

Rain will leach nutrients from the soil and this can cause a plant to turn red. You might try a foliar feed with a water soluble fertilizer. Container plants in general will grow better on a regular fertilization program, be it with fertilizer or with compost tea or some other form of supplementation. The caterpillar could be eating the basil; simply relocate the caterpillar and see if that does the trick.