Pollenizer For Ebony Magic Holly - Knowledgebase Question

Beverly Hills, MI
Question by carol27
What is the pollenizer for Ebony Magic Holly? I have two females planted. I also have Blue Stallions and China Boys in other parts of the yard. How close should the pollenizer be planted to be effective? If not a Blue or China, where can I aquire the correct pollenizer? Also, do I need a pollenizer for the Oregon Grape Holly?

0

Ebony Male is the pollinator for Ebony Magic. One male will pollinate both your females. As long as the hollies are within 50'- 100' of one another, insects will easily be able to transfer pollen between them. The Blue Stallions and China Boys won't pollinate your Ebony Magic. Oregon Grape has holly-looking leaves, but is not a true holly. (It's actually Mahonia aquifolium, which is related to barberry.) Oregon Grape will produce flowers and develop fruit all on its own, with no need for a second plant.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"