Non Flowering African Violet - Knowledgebase Question

Norwood, MA
Question by acrcorp
please tell me how i can make my african violet plant flower.

0

The mmost common reason for otherwise healthy looking African violets to stop flowering is if they are not receiving enough light. They like a bright location, possibly with a sheer curtain over the window in the summer time and then no curtain in the months when the daylight is shorter. Another common reason is repotting into a pot that is too big. (These plants like to be in a slightly undersized pot.) They also prefer ample humidity (using a pebble tray or humidifier or grouping plants together may help) and an occasional feeding with a water soluble fertilizer for foliage or blooming houseplants according to the label instructions. (There are specialty fertilizers for African violets as well.) I hope this helps you trouble shoot.