What Can I Do With My Outdoor Plants Durning Winter Months - Knowledgebase Question

Batesville, AR
Question by vancoop
My outdoor plants have grown so large that I have no room to bring them indoors this winter. The expense and heating of a green house is out of the question. What can I do? Is there any other solution?

0

To some extent it depends which particular plants you have. In some cases you can take tip cuttings and then overwinter a smaller "clone" of the original, keeping it in a big sunny south window. In other cases you can bring the plant into a cool location (eg 45 degrees, water only enough to keep the soil from going bone dry, and allow it to rest during the winter. Sometimes a friend with a greenhouse will keep them for you in exchange for cuttings next spring. Since the alternative is to lose them, it is usually worth experimenting to see what works for you. I hope this gives you some ideas.