Reclaiming Overgrown Garden - Knowledgebase Question

Winthrop, ME
Question by chesnuts1
I have a vegetable garden spot of about 50 ft x 75 ft that I have not used for two years. It is overgrown with weeds. It is especially overcome with comfrey, a tubular root herb. I would like some advice on reclaiming the garden for vegetables. If I just pull the weeds and rototill, I am afraid I will just cut up the tubular root of the comfrey and have a worse mess than before. But perhaps that is my only alternative. Last year I even tried "RoundUp" on the weeds. Something I really prefer not to do, but it only made a dent in the problem. Any advice you can give will be appreciated.

0

easy "cure." As a tip for the future, if you want to grow something that can be invasive (mint, for example), sink a 5-gallon container into the ground, which will contain the root system. easy "cure." As a tip for the future, if you want to grow something that can be invasive (mint, for example), sink a 5-gallon container into the ground, which will contain the root system.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"