Leaves Curling And Browning On Minature Kumquat And Orange Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Cozad, NE
Question by elcarl
We purchased two minature trees which are showing signs of
wilting and curling, and in the case of the kumquat, turning
brown as if burned. The kumquat flowered and produced many
fruit but seems stunted. I repotted it in a bigger container but is not flourishing. The orange tree bloomed
and began to set fruit but dropped them. Is starting to bloom again but leaves look lifeless and about 20% of leaves
are curled. I have not repotted the orange because have not
seen any real improvement in the kumquat. The nursery said
to give it ample MiracleGro which hasn't changed anything.

0

water deeply enough to "leach" or push salts below the root zone. Frequent, light "sprinklings" allow salts to accumulate in the top layers of soil, where the roots are, which is bad news.

Similar symptoms occur when too much fertilizer has been applied. Citrus are heavy feeders and do need a regular fertilizing program. Be sure to water well before and after applying to help prevent burn. If possible, buy a fertilizer formulated for citrus. water deeply enough to "leach" or push salts below the root zone. Frequent, light "sprinklings" allow salts to accumulate in the top layers of soil, where the roots are, which is bad news.

Similar symptoms occur when too much fertilizer has been applied. Citrus are heavy feeders and do need a regular fertilizing program. Be sure to water well before and after applying to help prevent burn. If possible, buy a fertilizer formulated for citrus.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"