Perennials In Mountain Area - Knowledgebase Question

Caliente, CA
Question by bdr1100
If I am correct, I am in Zone 8. I would like to add more color to my garden and would like the ease of Perennials as I am not getting any younger. What should I look for so that I can have something blooming all summer. I have a large yard and garden area and can use border as well as taller plants. I have sun and shade areas.

Thank you for your time.

Joan

0

Since you have a mix of sun and shade, you can grow quite a number of flowering perennials. The easiest garden to maintain would be an informal or cottage garden, with many different plants scattered in each bed. There are cottage garden flower seed collections, or for a more orderly garden, you can select and plant single plants in specific areas. Suggestions for a sunny site include aster, flax, campanula, salvia, delphinium, veronica, zinna and chrysanthemums. For a partly shady garden try bellflower, Dame's rocket, forget-me-not, foxglove, Jacob's Ladder, Jupiter's Beard and viola. Some of these bloom in spring, some in summer, and some in fall, which should provide all season color. Enjoy your new garden!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"