Tomato Blight - Knowledgebase Question

Brewerton, NY
Question by Brewnswood
Last summer the leaves on my tomato plants turned brown and withered. My crop was nearly nothing. I think this is some kind of fungus in the soil, but would like your opinion. What to do to prevent it? Get rid of it? Will it happen to my plants this year, again?

0

to try to limit spread of the problem to other plants. For the same reason, remove and destroy (do not compost) any infested plants including their roots and any foliage that may have fallen off.

Your county extension or knowledgeable nursery personnel should be able to help you identify the specific problem you are having, if it happens again. Once you know what it is, there may be additional steps you can take. With any luck however following the above guidelines will help you to avoid further situations. All the best with your tomatoes this year!