Color Changing In My Arizonica Cupressus - Knowledgebase Question

Mill Creek, WA
Question by lainyk
When I purchased my Arizonica Cupressus pryamid 'glabra' trees (l8 of them) over 5 years, I have noticed they started out quite blueish and have now turned more green. Is there anything I can do to make them return to their pretty blueish color? I have tried to amend very bad clay soil (gray) but you can only dig so deep! I have topsoil and lots of good compost top l4" or so. I am pruning them to make them bushier. Last summer I got cypress tit moth but sprayed them and they are now doing fine. Just love these trees. Thank you so much for any help you can provide. I love Monrovia stuff also. Sincerely, Elaine

0

If the pesticide you used was oil-based, you may have accidentally dissolved the natural "bloom" (waxy coating) on the leaves of your trees. The oil will eventually weather away, but I suspect the natural bloom is gone and only the new, untreated growth will have that blueish cast you desire. Pruning will encourage new growth, so continue to prune as usual and eventually you'll get that desired color.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"