Brown Leaves On Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Beaverton, OR
Question by stephaniesp
My miniature rose's leaves are turning brown and falling off. I've sprayed with fungicide with no success. Help!

0

Brown leaves can indicate sunscald, salt damage, or cold damage. If you've recently fertilized your roses, you may have over applied. Leach excess salts out of the soil by flooding the soil with water, allowing to drain, then repeating twice. Sunscald is common if leaves have been protected from direct sunshine, then suddenly get a big dose. Finally, if your roses have been subjected to windy conditions, or cold, the leaves will be the first to show the plant's distress. Pick off the affected leaves and your rose should sprout healthy new leaves. Good luck with your roses!