How Do You Kill A Wild Rose Bush? - Knowledgebase Question

Salt Lake City, UT
Question by shelleytremb
I have wild rose bushes that will not die. I have tried RoundUp and also digging them up, but the roots go on forever. Is there anything I can spray to kill them once and for all?

0

I had a similar experience with blackberry brambles and tried everything too, short of moving to another state. What finally worked for me was cutting down each and every sprout as soon as it appeared. If you keep the sprouts from developing leaves, it halts the photosynthesis process and the roots will eventually starve out. At first there will seem like an endless number of shoots to cut, but as the roots use up energy, they will produce fewer and fewer new shoots. When the roots no longer have stored energy, they will be unable to any produce new shoots and you will have won the battle. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"