Flowers Dieing In Garden - Knowledgebase Question

Doncaster, In
Question by linda598
Is it safe to water your plants when it's hot outside. Can it burn the leaves if you do? Most of my plants have got like burnt edges and wilting. My 3 year old apple and pear trees are suffering, my budlia and many other plants, all wilting and burnt looking. Watering them in the sun is the only thing I can think of, unless someone has thrown something over the garden fence onto them, or maybe a bug.
I look forward to your reply, Linda Lewis

0

In my experience, watering in the heat, even in bright sunlight would not cause such widespread and uniform problems over such a broad range of different plants. However, burned edges and wilting could be the sign of an accidental herbicide drift, overfertilizing, a late frost, flooding, or some other unusual occurrence affecting the general area of your garden. With some detective work perhaps you will be able to determine the cause. I'm sorry I can't be more specific.