Rabbits - Knowledgebase Question

Paradise Valley, AZ
Question by pvmurphy
I would like to get some of the June Plant of the month to put in pots to decorate our outdoor patio. I have been losing some of my other plants (sage and marigolds for example) to rabbits. So, before I get any Fiesta Impatiens, do you know if they are on the rabbit's diet!

0

It's difficult to predict what animals will eat. Alot depends on what else is available. In our current drought conditions, with so little food in the desert, they will be tempted by any salad bars you plant for them! Consider also interplanting your flowers with garlic, onions, Mexican marigold (Tagetes lucida, a native plant, not the common garden marigolds) or dusty miller. Bunnies tend not to like their aroma. Here is a publication on rabbit resistant plants with more info: http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/gar.... Good luck!