Sick Eureka Lemon Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Milwaukie, OR
Question by rbneu2
In March, I purchased a Eureka lemon tree (for a container indoor/outdoor plant, which I acclimated and is now in a sunny location on my patio). It has been dropping leaves to the point where now only a few remain, and there is no new growth. Also, on the trunk, near the soil-line, there is a small amount of sap oozing from the bark. I have tried a citrus tree fertilizer, also a pesticide recommended by the nursery, but so far nothing seems to be working. Do you have any ideas about what could be wrong? Also, I'm not quite sure what to do about the sap.
Any information you could provide me would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Elizabeth Neuman

0

(and fruit) to prevent attracting fungal and bacterial diseases. Continue to water the tree on its normal cycle and it will leaf-out again as soon as it's able. Do not prune out the defoliated branches until new growth begins and you're sure the branches are dead.

Good luck with your citrus tree! (and fruit) to prevent attracting fungal and bacterial diseases. Continue to water the tree on its normal cycle and it will leaf-out again as soon as it's able. Do not prune out the defoliated branches until new growth begins and you're sure the branches are dead.

Good luck with your citrus tree!