Failure To Flower - Knowledgebase Question

Caryville, TN
Question by lin372
My hydrangea is a small type and the label mentions that it is part of the kaleidoscope series, but I don't know it's name. It appears very lush and green,yet I've seen no flowers yet. It is in a moderately shady area. I fertilized it last week for the first time this year. Any suggestions?

0

The variety "Kaleidoscope" blooms on stems that grew the previous year. If the plant suffered winter cold damage, or if it was pruned back in the spring, or if the buds were damaged by a freak late spring frost,then this year's blooms would have been sacrificed. In a denser shade area it may bloom a bit later than other hydrangeas in your area, however you should be able to see flowers coming in by mid summer. If not, let's hope it will perform better for you next summer.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"