Flowering Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Lansdale, PA
Question by mckmacy
I have just installed a flagstone patio with southern exposure and full sun. Can you recommend a few flowering trees that can eventually provide some shade. I live in southeastern pennsylvania.

0

There are so many smaller ornamental trees you could consider, depending on the soil and overall growing conditions. Some of my favorites include redbuds, ornamental cherries, newer varieties of crabapple (look for disease resistance and those that hold their apples into winter)and golden rain tree. These all do well in a hot location and in most soil types with average fertility and moisture levels as long as they are not soggy. Your local county extension and professional nursery staff may have additional suggestions based on more detailed information about the site.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"