Houseplants Coming Back In - Knowledgebase Question

Rogersville, TN
Avatar for doctorg
Question by doctorg
October 6, 2002
Is there a systemic insecticide that you can use on indoor flowers that have been outside for the summer? I don't want to bring in earwigs, rolly bugs or insects on the leaves.

Answer from NGA
October 6, 2002
You would need to check with your county extension for the most up to date recommendations for chemical controls that may be used on house plants, the specifics would depend on the particular plant and pest in question. In many cases a deep watering and setting the pot on its side will cause critters to crawl out, and foliar insects can often be washed off with a strong spray from the garden hose. Some gardeners will also use a commercially formulated insecticidal soap two times at about a week apart to try to prevent accidentally bringing in any hitchhikers. Be sure to read the label and follow all instructions if you treat your plants, and also take care to cover all surfaces with the spray.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )