Climbing Fig Damages Staco ? - Knowledgebase Question

CA
Question by jwei_95661
I heard that climbing fig will do damage to stucco wall. Is that true? If so, how does it do the damage? I would very much appreciate your response, since I planted one and wonder if I have to move it.

Thanks

Jane

0

Climbing fig attaches itself to vertical structures by growing little suction-cup type appendages. These little "peds" can remain on brick, stucco, concrete and wood for years after the vines of the plants have been removed. They eventually weather away, but until then can be rather unsightly. The vines, or the peds, can grow between wood and stucco (such as windowsills or eaves)and allow rainwater to enter. Use caution with your climbing fig and train it well away from windows or eaves so it won't cause damage.