Is The Victory Pyracantha Poisonous To My Dogs? - Knowledgebase Question

Gilbert, AZ
Question by scibbarelli
November 22, 2002
I have two small dogs who love to chew. Do I need to be concerned about them ingesting berries, fruit, flowers, greens....anything from the Victory Pyracantha? Is this type of plant toxic to dogs?

Thank you!!

November 22, 2002

0

Although I have not found pyracantha listed in the common toxic plants lists, (It is related to the apple so this is not so surprising.) it is never a good idea to allow pets to develop the habit of chewing on plants because so many of the common plants are in fact toxic. (It also does the plant no good.) You might want to check with your vet as to plant toxicity and training tips on keeping them from nibbling. It could save their lives. Good luck!!!