How To Space Hedge Plantings .. Variegated Boxleaf Euonymus - Knowledgebase Question

Walnut, CA
Question by jpaliwoda
I have purchased many (too late now!) variegated boxleaf euonymus to plant several hedges in my yard in Walnut. I have seen conflicting information on their ultimate size, ranging from 1-3 feet in height and width. The plant are already in one gallon containers and close to a foot in width. How far apart should I space them? I've read anywhere from 12 - 24 inches ..

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Jim Paliwoda
Jpaliwoda@aol.com

0

Euonymus Microphyllus Variegatus is a compact, small-leafed shrub growing 1'-2' in height and about 1' wide. If you want the plants to touch and create a solid hedge, plant them shoulder to shoulder (slightly less than 1' apart). If you want individual plants to grow with some walking space in between, place them 24" apart. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"