Magnolia Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Republic, WA
Question by whiteraven3
I would like to know if any magnolia trees will grow in north eastern Washington. We live in zip code 99166 zone 4 possibly 3.If so could you please let me know what tree to purchase.... I have seen the pink ones in the Omak area,, but none here. I would love to try and grow one.. Thank you for your time, Samantha

0

Your gardening region is borderline for magnolias, but Magnolia denudata 'Yulan' will grow for you, as will Magnolia 'Galaxy'. 'Yulan' produces fragrant white flowers, sometimes tinged purple at the base. It's deciduous and will grow to about 30' in height. 'Galaxy' produces bright red-purple blossoms. It, too, is deciduous and also blooms before the leaves emerge in the spring. 'Galaxy' can reach 40' in height with a 25' spread. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"