Perennial "Wallflower" - Knowledgebase Question

Oroville, WA
Question by windwood
I cannot find any information on the perennial, Wallflower, ERYSIUM. I need to know it's cold hardiness. I live in the Highlands of eastern Washington. LOve your plants, always have good luck with them....

0

Erysimum, commonly called wallflower, is a perennial but is often grown as an annual. The zones vary by species. In your growing region, Erysimum x allionii (Siberian wallflower) will perform reliably as a perennial. Provide full sunshine and regular water during the growing season. Erysimum cheiri (English wallflower) is marginal in your region and should be considered an annual only. Erysimum kotschyanum is a perennial in your zone. Again, it likes exposure to full sunshine, average soil, and regular water during the growing season.