Goldenflame Honeysuckle Not Thriving Like Before - Knowledgebase Question

Boulder Creek, CA
Question by srkrause
I had a goldenflame honeysuckle in a container for 1 or 2 years. This spring it did not do much, so I planted it in the garden. It still is not growing much and is not producing any blooms. Leaves are getting brown on the tips, the few blossom buds that appeared soon dried up. Any suggestions?

0

Even though you've had your honeysuckle for a few years, you've only recently transplanted it into the ground. Newly transplanted vines, shrubs and trees can take several months to become established and produce new growth. Give your honeysuckle TLC in the form of regular water and occasional feeding and wait a few months for the roots to become established. Once that happens, it should produce rampant growth and delightful blossoms. Best wishes with your honeysuckle!