Vibrant Pink Flower That Grows On Rocks - Knowledgebase Question

concord, ca
Question by catlarson
Do you have any idea what the name of the vibrant pink flower is that I've seen growing on many of the large rocks in the gardens in our area? It is a type of ground cover, that obviously grows well on rocks. It is a very bright pink color and it doesn't look like there are many leaves on the plant, only blooms. Thank you in advance. I hope this wasn't too vague.

0

Two of the mostly widely plants spring-blooming rock garden plants are Saponaria ocymoides (Bouncing Bet) and Cephalophyllum (ice plant). When these plants are in full bloom it's difficult to see the foliage. Flowers are daisy-shaped on both. Ice plant foliage is succulent and 3-sided; foliage on Saponaria is dark green, long and narrow.

Hope this sheds some light on the possibile identities of the plants you saw!