Where Can I Find A Peppermint Peach Tree? - Knowledgebase Question

Huntington Beach, CA
Question by cvelardi
I recently traveled to Charleston, South Carolina. While I was there I saw the most remarkable, beautiful tree. The locals called it a Peppermint Peach tree that was one trunk with three different kinds of blossoms; white, pale pink and hot pink. Hence the peppermint description. Will this type of tree grow in Southern California's climate (I live in Huntington Beach, about 2 miles from the ocean) and where can I buy a Peppermint Peach tree?

0

There actually is an ornamental peach tree (Prunus persica)called 'Peppermint', so named because of the variety of flower colors it produces on a single tree. This tree has the reputation of growing well in southern California. The only source I can find is L.E. Cooke Co., 26333 RD 140, Visalia, CA 93292; (800) 845-5193; fax (559) 732-3702.