How To Prune Hortensia "endless Summer" - Knowledgebase Question

Washington, Dc, MD
Question by tskenny3
I read somewhere that pruning one half of the growth of the hortensia "Endless summmer" would double the blooms. I bought several of your plants from a local nursery. Do you recommend this? Please note. There is no entry on your list of states for the District of Columbia. So I selected Maryland, which was closest. Thank you.

0

hydrangea will continue to set buds and bloom through out the season. Deadheading the spent flowers will encourage this. You should feel free to cut the blooms for drying and for the vase because you will actually be encouraging the plant to produce more blossoms.

Best wishes with your hydrangeas!

Best wishes with your hydrangeas!