Privacy Screen - Knowledgebase Question

marietta, ga
Question by pshawn76
December 27, 2004
I have a long backyard I am going to plant Leyland Cypress trees as a screen across. How far apart should I space them. I want to build a quick screen.

December 27, 2004

0

Pat,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. We are transitioning to a new Q&A system and your question was unfortunately lost in the transition. I have discovered it now and hope this reply is not too late to be of help.

The spacing on Leyland cypress depends on the actual variety you plant as they can vary a little in size. Various varieties reach a width of anywhere from 6 to 15 feet in width. Therefore for a faster fill you can plant the smaller types such as EMERALD ISLE about 5-6 feet apart, medium types like GOLDEN about 6-8 feet apart and larger types like NAYLOR'S BLUE about 8-10 feet apart.