Madagascar jasmine turn yellow - Knowledgebase Question

Yorba Linda, Ca
Question by lantvu
The Madagascar jasmine was fine in the container since fall and I saw new leaves. 3 weeks ago, I transfered it into a flower bed at the same time with some camellias. The camellias seem to be OK. I have not watered it because of the rain and morning fog except once. I thought planting it in the soil will make it healthier. However, the whole plant turn yellow. I think I am going to lose it.

0

If your jasmine was healthy prior to planting it in the ground, I suspect it's going through some transplant shock. In addition, it's normal for evergreens such as your jasmine to lose its oldest leaves at this time of year. The plant will replace the lost leaves later this spring. In the meantime, continue to water your plant on a weekly basis. If you have a lot of rain, you may not need to water, so check the soil moisture content before watering by digging down near your plant. If the soil is moist three-inches below the surface, you won't need to water. If it is dry, it's time to water.

Hope your jasmine perks up soon!